The reason to blog is new laptop and Live Writer! So exciting! Thanks Sweetie!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
9. Performance anxiety- NOT! Abby participated in her first dance recital in June. Our little hip-hopper busted a move all over the stage. I couldn't believe her and she is already excited about her next recital in June 2010! The girl has moves (check her out)!
8. AR Tests have become part of our daily discussion. Jack has fallen in love with reading. He isn't the best but he is motivated by one thing! CHARMS! I am proud to say that he is the only student in his class that has collected a charm every month for achieving the grade level reading goal. I am so proud! 7. Karate Kicks! Jack and Abby both continue to attend karate class. Jack recently achieved the rank of Blue Belt, which means that he is able to participate in advanced weaponry classes. Very exciting. Abby love karate too because she is the "upper belt" in her Pre-K class which means that she calls class to attention and demonstrates all the moves with Sensei Adam.
6. "Loser Island" is what we called the big blow up raft that Steve and I purchased on a whim at Costco in May. We spent many Sundays with the kids in the pool, relaxing on the adults-only barge. One or two "adult-only" beverages may or may not have been consumed on Loser Island.
5. RV'n. I never thought that I was one for camping but Steve convinced me that leasing an RV from some friends would be the best way to figure out if we would enjoy the experience as a family. See #3 for more on RV'n.
1. The BIG 4-OH! On December 15th, Steve turned 40, with little fanfare. Mostly because I was sick but also because we celebrated his half birthday in June complete with a pirate-themed pool party with many of our friends in attendance.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
- Scratched off his first lottery scratcher. I know, he has been hidden under a rock for the last 30 years.
- Got kicked out of a night club. I never thought I would see the day.
- Sold 35 Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans.
- Woke up at 4 am to drive to Bakersfield only to be "Patti Waldo'ed".
- Slept on the couch, because I snored all night long. SORRY!
- Crashed the Planned Parenthood of Fresno's Christmas party. Seriously!
- Had a two nap weekend!
- Felt so old he didn't want a party.
- He won $3 off of 5 scratchers.
Whatever old guy! Happy Birthday!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
AMAZING! Jack is biking machine!
He wants to go everywhere on his bike and he does it with the biggest smile on his face.
If his mother would think about it she would have a picture here of Jack on his bike. Bad Mom!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
oh! Sorry! Back to the recipe to end all recipes!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
- Jack had perfect attendance last year (up until his mother pulled him out of school on the field trip to the zoo day to go to Reno to watch his father race- guilty much?)
- He hadn't even been to the nurse. I speculate that he didn't know such a person existed at school.
- Jack is not so much about change.
- Jack doesn't really like to work very hard at "school stuff", it is either easy or impossible.
- Jack will look for any excuse to get out of doing "school stuff" if he deems it too hard.
Do you understand now why this is bad? Super nice "Mrs. New" is eager to make sure that all of the children in her new class feels comfortable with their change of scenery and trusts them all (who can fault her? They are 2nd graders!... Trust me after working in the classroom today, I wouldn't trust any of them!).After trying to get the reason for trips to the nurse's office, all Jack could tell me was a report of the other children's ailments while he was there, 2 for throwing up on the playground, 1 hurt his leg running, and another need a band aid for a blister on her foot.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Mrs. Brock, Jack's teacher. Don't they look so happy on the first day of school? Still can't open his eyes.
Girls surf too!
I used to be able to ride the Pirate Ship over and over and over and over again... now? Not so much.
Don't forget vacation treats! Shirley Temples- YUM!