Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tardy to the Party...

I sincerely planned a big 40th birthday blog for Steve yesterday but the sniffles got me down. So here it goes, a day late hopefully not a dollar short.
THE BIG 4-0!
Steve isn't much of a birthday guy. This year we celebrated 39 1/2 in June. Warm weather, lots of friends, good food, swimming, and a card shower (as Brian Varney so eloquently put it "You must be old, the only card shower I have heard of was for an 80 year old woman")! It was nice, without the hassle of holiday stuff to get in the way.
But you can't go without celebrating your birthday on your birthday! This year at 40, Steve:
  • Scratched off his first lottery scratcher. I know, he has been hidden under a rock for the last 30 years.
  • Got kicked out of a night club. I never thought I would see the day.
  • Sold 35 Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans.
  • Woke up at 4 am to drive to Bakersfield only to be "Patti Waldo'ed".
  • Slept on the couch, because I snored all night long. SORRY!
  • Crashed the Planned Parenthood of Fresno's Christmas party. Seriously!

  • Had a two nap weekend!
  • Felt so old he didn't want a party.
  • He won $3 off of 5 scratchers.

Whatever old guy! Happy Birthday!

No comments: