- Jack had perfect attendance last year (up until his mother pulled him out of school on the field trip to the zoo day to go to Reno to watch his father race- guilty much?)
- He hadn't even been to the nurse. I speculate that he didn't know such a person existed at school.
- Jack is not so much about change.
- Jack doesn't really like to work very hard at "school stuff", it is either easy or impossible.
- Jack will look for any excuse to get out of doing "school stuff" if he deems it too hard.
Do you understand now why this is bad? Super nice "Mrs. New" is eager to make sure that all of the children in her new class feels comfortable with their change of scenery and trusts them all (who can fault her? They are 2nd graders!... Trust me after working in the classroom today, I wouldn't trust any of them!).After trying to get the reason for trips to the nurse's office, all Jack could tell me was a report of the other children's ailments while he was there, 2 for throwing up on the playground, 1 hurt his leg running, and another need a band aid for a blister on her foot.