Sunday, February 28, 2010

BUSTED!!!

Abby decided to start pursuing a possible vocation last week... hair stylist. Her own hair stylist to be specific. I could have died...
The location for her new salon is under her father's desk at his office. It is a nice, small, private salon, big enough for only one person. It could use some sprucing up and decluttering but it seems to do the job just fine. I could have died...
This is the child who earlier in the week cried (tears and all) telling me that she didn't want David to cut her hair because she needed long hair like Kayden's (a little girl at school with the most beautiful hair and Abby's newest "best friend forever"). I could have died...
Have I mentioned that I have hair issues? Seriously! As a kid I had the worst hair, while my sister Lindsay was allowed to have cute pigtails with Shirley Temple ringlets I was forced (sorry Mom this is the way I remember it) a short Afro that was unmanageable and not cute. I could have died...
Growing up I swore that if I ever had a daughter I would not pass on my hair issues to her (like some mothers pass on their weight issues). She will have beautiful curly hair. She will get to wear hair clips, bows, and ponytails. I will buy her hair products that will help us both manage her hair with ease. I could die right now...
For some reason my sister shares my hair trauma. She put it best when she saw Abby on Friday...
"Abby, you know when your mom and I were little girls we NEVER cut our own hair? Your hair is precious, you need to take care of your hair, Abby. " Abby could have died...
Let's just hope my daughter has learned her lesson. If she cuts her hair again, I will surely die.
***I apologize for no after pictures. A major virus has taken over our media computer. I will post pictures after it is repaired and Abby's hair is repaired. :)

1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Only one daughter who never cut her hair (due to luck, certainly not good parenting), but every single boy has. At least once. Which is why we own clippers ;)

Maybe and afro with a headband wouldn't be so bad??