Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 3 of the sick kid forecast...

I am a mean mom. I readily admit that I deny my children luxuries that other kids take for granted. Being that I am in the middle of day 3 home with a sick kid (or so she claimed this morning when she cried about the possibility of throwing up at school), I am climbing the walls! I feel that if I have been home with a sick kid for 3 days (and eluded the germs) I am entitled to a few luxuries like:
  • pay per view movies.
  • hot cocoa upon request.
  • getting a pass on cleaning the bathrooms this week.
  • not going to the grocery store.
  • eating take out.
  • reading my book all day.
  • taking a nap.
  • long , hot baths.
  • warm just out of the oven Tastefully Simple Beer Bread with homemade strawberry jam.
  • Dad picking up Jack from karate and bringing home a dinner that I didn't have to call in, request, or have to make a decision about. (Hey! a girl can dream can't she?)
  • And a new red Kate Spade handbag. Wouldn't be so bad either! Kind of like a "push present", but a "vomit gift".

No comments: