Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boy!!!

My sister has 2 boys which I think qualifies her to write numerous blogs about the joys of parenting 2 future men. I have one boy which only makes me ponder if there is something wrong with my model or is mine just like everyone elses'. So it is time to air Jack's dirty laundry... literally.
My boy-
  • You must ask him no less than 10 times to brush his teeth every morning and then again every night.
  • He has to brush his teeth no less then 3 times before he goes to school and I still pick food out of his teeth at the bus stop.
  • I tell him that he can't sleep in the clothes that he wore to school AND he definitely can't wear the same thing to school 2 days in a row.
  • I have to remind him of the merits of personal hygiene (ie- you must shower more than once a week, and no less than once).
  • We keep his hair short to avoid the battle of the curls, and the more frequent shower war.
  • I count the number of pairs of underwear and socks in the laundry basket and wonder if I should start to tell him that he needs to be sure to change his underwear and socks no less than once a day.

So many rules but I don't want to raise one of those really icky boys, or am I already?

No comments: