Thursday, February 11, 2010

NASCAR on VDay...

Every year my friend Sara and her husband host a Daytona 500 party. NASCAR like football has nothing to do with what women want or like, this year is no exception- the Daytona 500 takes place on Sunday, February 14th- Valentine's Day and if you are as lucky as I am smack dab in the middle of a 3 day weekend. While some women are romanced with these...
We get to suffer through 500 laps of...
... while our husbands drink beer, talk about racing, race cars, and the next race and we get to supervise the kids, serve food, and clean up after the men. Good times!
This year Sara decided to put a fun little twist on the party, to make it more interesting for the ladies. Each lady is supposed to select her "favorite" (i.e.- the best looking) driver to be their NASCAR boyfriend. The goal is to see who can make their husband made first about the attention that said woman is paying to her NASCAR bf.
I am sooooooo excited because "my NASCAR bf" will be joining me at the party! I have big plans for C.E. and I this Valentine's Day, he will be very impressed by my creative use of frosting on his good luck gift. I can't wait for the Daytona 500! See Sara it worked!

No comments: