Monday, December 22, 2008

Granny Panties and Old Lady Hair...

My sister sent me this article yesterday in hopes that I would blog about it...
I am not sure what to say...
Other than I have hair issues.
For a long time one of my favorite people in the entire World has been David, my hair guru. I have discovered David by chance when I called one of the only hair/ day spas in town in April of 2000. I needed wedding hair help! The receptionist politely referred me to him, it has been love ever since. David is one of the only people in my life that I let tell me exactly like it is without being defensive and offended. For a long time I told him that I needed him to come and wash and blow dry my hair everyday (it is such a hassle)... he just laughed. Earlier this year David started talks about me coming to see him one a week for a wash and blow dry... hmmm... this sounded delightful, expensive, and like a pain... But delightful won!
I have become an old lady. You know the ones that live in the senior homes that have the beauty school students come and ruin their hair with bluing and permanents... I am not quite that bad but close. Every week while Abby is at school or after school on Friday I make my way to see my favorite hair guy. He washes my hair and blows it dry- wonderful! It is like having my house cleaned on Friday, everything is set for a weekend of fun. My hair thanks me for a few days of reprieve from the torture that I put it through to blow it and straighten it myself... I am brutal and I lack patience to do it myself the correct way.
Which is fun because David tells me that I ruined my hair with my lack of patience which is odd that I would have the patience to sit in the chair week after week and have him do to me in 40 to 55 minutes what I can do it 15 minutes at home... trust me the results are not the same.
Lindsay I thank you for the article. It makes me feel better about my routine. I highly recommend it to all. Fun! Relaxing! Delightful!

1 comment:

Mama Lou said...

I totally washed my own hair today. It is going to look horrible for two days.