Sunday, December 21, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland...

So my children have been hounding me about snow since the weather finally changed here 5 weeks ago. The first frosty morning they looked like this...

Doing the Christmas dance! Notice Abby in her summer nightgown. I think that they were imaging our yard to look like this...

Not even my house... My cousin's after 33 inches of snow fell last December in Denver.

Anyway for weeks now it has been talk of snow every morning at the breakfast table. Until last week when it all stopped. It rained last week, the temperature dropped, the local weatherpeople were predicting that snow may fall on the Valley floor (which is a entirely different blog) and the Kuhtz kids didn't breathe a word of it (I think they were afraid to curse it).
Monday afternoon, Abby and I came home from swimming lesson to hale. Steve has been waiting to check off "talk about weather" in the Tiger Cubs booklet for weeks. Finally weather and Jack and Steve are at "work". Abby and I enjoyed it. Finally that evening it haled again and this is what the crazy Kuhtzs did...

Scrape!

Collect!

Touch!
Finally last Wednesday we woke to the Winter Wonderland... Not quite snow but this is as good as it is going to get!

No comments: