Monday, December 8, 2008

I am Not Clever...

But I know a lot of people out there are. Last week during my annual Christmas dress up of my house I found myself putting items back in their storage boxes, just because I don't have a place to put them or they are no longer my style. So most of it I carted off to Goodwill, because I know that someone out there may LOVE to have 1 of 10 Christmas platters. But this I could not part with---

A gift from my mother-in-law 10 years ago. I know she probably paid a small fortune for it and for some reason I could not part with it. Maybe it is the memories- filling it with Lindt's chocolate truffles and counting down our first Christmas together. Attempting to encourage good behavior with Jack when he was 4 by telling him that Santa would come every night and put something in it for the next day (good behavior and I didn't want to fill it and have him cheat and open them all too soon- YES I am a control freak!) after the 5th or 6th night we both forgot about it.

I am inspired by those of you who can breathe new life into items that are outdated. But I need help!!!

So I ask all of you what should I do with this?
Does it have a life besides being an advent calendar?
The doors push open easily.
Measurement 17"H 14"W 1.5"D
It has a hole to hang it behind #3
HELP!!!

1 comment:

Mama Lou said...

So far I am completely stumped.