Wednesday, October 29, 2008

When Playdates go Bad...

My sister told me that after my blog about taking my kids to see Jimmy Buffett that I qualify for the "Bad Mommy" blog series also. Here it goes...
Why is it on the days that you are trying to be the "Good Mommy" everything goes wrong. The good Mommy today decided to let Abby have a friend over to play while her mother was at her sister's Literacy Day (aka Halloween Party) at her school. Good Mommy thought that by having a friend over for a couple hours would allow the Good Mommy to get laundry done, popcorn popped (for Jack's school party tomorrow), and get the family packed to go to Disneyland. High hopes I know but how much work can two 3 year old girls be with a bowl of freshly popped popcorn and the brand new Tinkerbell movie???
See below...
This was a job for the shop vac!!!
A lot of fun, too!!! What Good Mommy forces two 3 year olds to vaccumm their own mess?
Not this one!
Anal Bad Mommy makes the girls do it themselves.
Notice the labelmaker work in the toy closet! :)
Back to playtime! Ok- back to the movie... Tink's pose looks familiar... And I wondered where Abby got it. Mystery solved!

5 comments:

The VerNooy's said...

I would of made them clean it up themselves too! I don't care how old they are, if they are old enough to make such a huge mess, they should be old enough to learn that making big messes is not okay, and has consequences to it! That's just me though.
Good job!

Rachel said...

Funny part is that I saw the bowl of popcorn on the ottoman and thought that is going to make a mess, but I didn't move it either. Again- Bad Mommy!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

OMG that is so funny!! I would have done the same thing!

Mama Lou said...

Good work Bad Mommy... Did they actually get it all cleaned up?
And Literacy Day? WTF? I think I am not so ready for CUSD ridiculousness.

Rachel said...

They got most of it. The couch posed a problem that I had to take care of myself. I even made Jack Jack vacuum again when after he ate his popcorn after school.

Steve says Literacy Day is a Sandy Fox creation... Reagan isn't doing Literacy Day we are having a sleep over during school today. I am wondering if I should bring the shop vac.