Friday, October 24, 2008

The Little Girl Formerly Known as Abby

How many blogs can a blogger blog about Ariel? At my house A LOT! Thursday was the costume parade at Abby's school. My daughter found her true calling pageantry (is that a word?). You would have thought this girl had dead and gone to Beauty Queen Heaven, she waved and smiled, posed and smiled through the entire parade (no Vaseline on the teeth for my baby!). After the parade Abby thanked her dad and I for buying her such a beautiful mermaid costume (1 of 3) and for having a parade for her (it was all for her right? Piaget would say something about egocentricism).

After school one of the moms told Abby that she made a beautiful Ariel. I told the mom that if Abby had her way she would change her name to Ariel. The mom laughed the yeah right laugh and Abby without missing a beat said "can I?" Who is this child? If she didn't look so much like me I would have thought that the hospital switched her at birth and my little tomboy is out there somewhere being forced into beauty pageants and dance recitals.

I can't wait to see what next week is like...

No comments: