Sunday, October 12, 2008

Payback is a... well you know.

Jack's teacher told me a few weeks ago that Jack is "such a sweet boy, he wants to make sure everyone is doing the right thing." WHAT??? "No, Jack is tattling on his schoolmates, you tell him he isn't the teacher and to get to work." The sad thing is that she is right, Jack wants to make sure everyone follows the rules and he will make sure to do the policing even if it means he has to do extra homework over the weekend or gets bit on the shoulder by his sister repeatedly. Last week, Abby and I were hanging out at the Clovis East pool while Jack participated in his swim practice. I have decided that it is easier for me to sit back and read or talk to a friend then it is to worry about the lack of ability one of Jack's coaches has with small children. Abby informed me desperately that she needed to use the restroom, off to the bathroom with dashed, but first my daughter the camel had to stop by the pool to inform her brother that she was "going potty". No big deal right? Wrong? It was as if Abby transformed from this free spirit "little" toddler to a big girl that is able to observe, process, and ready to right the wrongs of the World! What she saw Jack will never live down... Jack walking on the bottom of the pool. This isn't so much a crime but a violation of the unwritten swimmer code of conduct where it says that "a real swimmer does not cheat himself / herself out of the opportunity to improve", thus you must not walk on the bottom of the pool. In the car on the way home Abby reported to Jack that she was going to tell her father of Jack's indiscretion when we got home. Jack was mortified, me I was giggling to myself. Mean? I know, but you know what they say about payback. NOTE- In case you were wondering about where I came up with the name of my blog... This is it.

No comments: