Wednesday, October 8, 2008

M-I-C-K-E-Y! M-O-U-S-E!

2004

2005

The Kuhtzs are a proud Disney family. I have written about our love of all things Disney in the past. I own both the Disneyland and Disney World versions of Hidden Mickey books (we won't discuss how I left our Disney World version at home when we actually went to WDW). See we love Disney so much we can abbreviate WDW and DL and know exactly what it means without missing a beat. I have 4 scrapbook albums filled with memories of the last 4 years worth of Disney travel (only 4 because we have gone and not taken more then 10 pictures because I already have 100 of the kids standing with the same Disney character in the exact same spot).
Unfortunately we haven't been to Disneyland in months, now for some of you that is a strange and pompous comment because some of you don't go to DL more then once a year or once in a lifetime. For us is just a fact that we will go to DL at least 3 or 4 times in the course of a year, rain or shine, with or without a reason. Steve is one of a small group of people who would actually travel to DL because he finds it relaxing (is that a sign that you have been somewhere A LOT?).
Right now at this very minute I am missing myself some Disney. I miss the constant piped in tunes of Disney classics and new favorites. I am missing the smell that is pumped in to remind me that it is parade time and yes I would love some popcorn. I am missing the looks of joy on my kids faces when we walk up Main Street, U.S.A. dodging the masses equipped with their strollers and Disney garb. I miss relaxing by the hotel pool and drinking beer with Steve as we watch our children brave the cold water. I am even missing the Disney meltdown (you know the point when you all have had enough and someone doesn't get what they want when they want it, not always pretty but always memorable).
Today I am wishing that we could pack up the kids in the car and head to Anaheim for some real Disney fun! It doesn't hurt to dream!

2007

2 comments:

Mama Lou said...

I seriously just got chills! Yesterday at dinner Patrick announced that he was going "ask Aunt Rachel to take me to Disneyland on Friday, because I miss Disneyland. And we can go to UC Irvine too." I told him it sounded like a good idea and he should ask you!

Rachel said...

Great minds! Maybe it is a sign!