Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Bread Bandwagon

So my sister the overachiever, has recently blogged a lot about the joys of baking bread. I think she was tanting me. I love bread! I love warm bread on a cold day with butter and homemade strawberry jam. What I don't like it the time that it takes to make the stuff. If the bread fairy would come to my house and fill it with the smell of baked goodness I would not only eat it everyday but I would also be as big as a house! Today unmotivated to take Abby to the grocery store with me and feeling the doom of day 2 thawed chicken. I came home and made bread today. Now don't confuse my bread making to that of Martha Stewart or Lindsay Callahan. Rachel's concept of bread making requires a Tastefully Simple mix, a can of beer, and 3 Tablespoons of butter. 50 minutes later, fresh bread- YUM! Now the question is what to do with the chicken? I am tried of the grill, I am ready for the fall weather to come back (last week was just a teaser). I want to have "homemade" soup (ie- soup with chicken and whatever is in my veggie drawer and pantry around dinner time) and my warm bread. Making soup at my house requires the preparation of 3 different dinners, because Jack will not eat it, Abby may, and Steve wants big chunks and a little broth. I envy the mom who prepares one dinner for everyone and if they eat it great and if not so what. HMMMM... Maybe we will just go out to eat and forget the whole mess.

2 comments:

Mama Lou said...

Ha Ha! You make it sound like I bake bread every day. I made the wild rice soup this weekend and it was marvy-lous. Patrick and Steve should sit next to each other, Patrick loves the broth.
So what did you have for dinner?

Rachel said...

Chipotle...