Tuesday, January 20, 2009

He Beat Me to the Punch...

This evening I needed to take Jack's Christmas ski cap back to Grandma for a quick fix... Dorky kid wears the too big hat EVERYDAY (that is until it got a hole in the top and Steve told him that I would have Grandma fix it). So I went to my mom's house and the kids decided to stay home with dad.
When I got home the office that I was trying to ignore its pitifulness was undergoing a transformation. The office was on my short list for Wednesday (today was the pantry). Part of me was avoiding the issue all together because I really don't like organizing or cleaning other people's stuff (I know I am a mom and that is part of the job description but it doesn't mean that I have to like it). The office in the last few months has been taken over by the auto racing "stuff" (this is a PG story) that my husband has been collecting for his newest hobby. But what do my wondering eyes do appear? A husband sick of his own "stuff" taking over the room in the house where he spends most of his waking at home moments taking the bull by the horns and fixing the problem himself. I love this man! Especially since in stead of helping him I am sitting in the very room he is cleaning and writing my blog and reading the inauguration coverage on the Internet. Maybe he thinks I deserve a break because I did all of this laundry yesterday, by myself at the Laundromat.

The laundry is a story for another day...
Here are the results of all of his hard work!

1 comment: