Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Naked House...

I love Christmas. But there is something about when you finally get all the stuff put away
(which takes longer then it does to take out and seems to expand while it is out, thus requiring 9 new Rubbermaids- grand total 25 Rubbermaids).
Since the cleanup fairies finally came and went, I love my house again, so clean and fresh (actually now I see all the walls that need touching up and
the baseboards that probably should just be repainted).
I am relieved that I feel no need to pile things back to where they usually belong.
I am going to enjoy my naked mantle and brainstorm something to hang
above it other then the print that have hated for the last (Good God!)
12 years (it is time for it to go!).
I look forward to what 2009 has to offer.
And because the house has breathed a huge sigh of relief, it thanked me
and told me what he hopes to have in store for the new year.
Our home hopes that 2009 will bring:
1. a headboard for Steve and Rachel's bed.
2. a simple window covering for the Master Bath.
3. Pictures that are hung straight on the walls in the Game Room.
4. Many, many happy moments for those who live here and those who visit.

1 comment:

Mama Lou said...

I thought I already commented on this post.... Did you moderate me? Maybe I never entered the word verification.

WOOHOO! headboard!

And don't forget the laundry room that will make you want to lay down and cry. Did you see the dream home laundry room on HGTV?