Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Resolution of it all...

The first Monday after New Years, a blessing and a curse at our house. Tomorrow marks the end of the "6 Weeks of Gluttony" and the start of the "Diet". It really isn't that it is a diet, it is the lifestyle change. If you don't know what I am talking about then it goes something like this...
Last week I attempted to eat myself sick of the best candy I have ever made (Rachael Ray I love and hate you all at the same time). Tomorrow, I will go to bed at 8pm in an attempt to not consume more then 1300 calories in a single day.
This year the "Diet" will include daily food journals. I saw on some TV show that if you write it down you will realize how much you eat and eat less... I know better, I have been a Nielsen Family. I know that if you have to record what EVERYTHING you watch on TV (or put in your mouth) the pure chore of having to write it down is enough to keep you from watching TV unless it is of the utmost importance (and the same goes for eating).
I have also signed up for a 12 challenge at the gym. Tomorrow at 8:30 I am going to put myself through a battery of tests to measure my endurance (running, push-ups, and sit-ups) and my weight and body fat. This could be torture... I kind of feel like I don't even want to know. But for $30 it is motivation to get my butt in shape in time for the "bathing suit-vacation-party-less clothing season". (My favorite time of the year).
So we will see how this all plays out.

No comments: