Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Perspective...

Reality bites. But I am pretty sure that I can handle whatever my reality is because of perspective. I can deal with my own stuff, but everyone else's' seems overwhelming.

Perspective-
  • I have a co-worker whose son was diagnosed with leukemia in November, he is the same age as Jack.
  • I have a friend who only gets $75 a month in child support and has her children 99% of the time. Single mother working her butt off to provide for her kids.
  • I have two friends who have recently undergone mastectomies for breast cancer. I am too young for this... right?
  • Autism. Bankruptcy. Cheating spouses. Grandparents who don't want to spend time with their grandchildren. Sick parents.
I don't know if I could handle these realities. The thought of them brings me to tears.

All things considered, I think I am pretty lucky. I have two children who are not perfect but I think are pretty special. I have a great group of friends and family, who believe in me, who support me. I can't ask for more. So when this happens -
 
you take a deep breath and handle it. Why? Because it wouldn't have happened if I couldn't have handled it. It is all about perspective.

No comments: