Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Birthday Extravaganza...

Oh what a difference a year makes! For the past few years I  have dreaded my birthday, I felt like I was asking too much for choosing a dinner that was more complicated than usual or for a cake from a specific bakery. And shame on me for wanting a gift of a massage and a brow wax! I was never sure if I was asking for too much attention, but I certainly felt that way. My birthday seemed more like a day of hurt feelings, last minute, insincere gifts and time spent feeling sorry for myself- a wasted day.

Getting older doesn't bother me, shoot! I am turning back time every night with my eye potions and wrinkle creams. I believe that you are as young as you live... I will be 29 forever!

This year I decided, that my needs, wants and desires would be met, people asked me what I wanted... I told them. I have to say that today was one of the best birthdays ever! I got a free workout at the gym (score!), I went to a long early lunch with 2 friends, I picked up my birthday gift from Sephora, I had a delicious meal cooked by my dad for dinner and chocolate cake for dessert, I got a lot of great gifts, lots of well wishes and I have realized that all of these people believe in me, are inspired by me and love me for who I am and the contribution that I make in their lives.

What a difference a year makes! Not weighed down someone else's expectation of how I should celebrate, but lifted by how I want to be celebrated.

CHEERS to 38 and chocolate cake!

No comments: