Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Pirate Looks At 40...

When I was a kid our family celebrated 1/2 birthdays. How? On our half birthday we got to select the location to which the family would dine that evening. Why? Because if you has any 7 1/2 how old they are they are going to tell you that they are 7 1/2 NOT 7. There is definitely a difference. I realize now as a parent that it gave my mom a rare night off from cooking dinner for all of us. Over the years we have held these joyful events at Red Robin (without the clapping and the candle in the ice cream), Taco Bell, Carl's Jr., Sizzler, and Luna's Pizzeria just to name a few.
I have to admit that as a mom I hoped to continue this tradition, but I haven't been very good about remembering January 19th and October 24th. I do however always say that my husband should celebrate his birthday on his half birthday rather then the actual day (December 15th). I know there is probably some percentage of how much of the human population is born in December, all I have to say to you is "I am sorry", December sucks for taking time out to remember birthdays. Most of you have hellish stories of birthday gifts in Christmas wrap and gift that "kills 2 birds with 1 stone." This year my husband turns 40, and requires the requisite "You-Told-Me-I-Could-Get-A-Porsche-When-I Turn-40" Party. I decided that instead of a lame indoor party in December I would have a pool party for him in June!
TOMORROW is the BIG day! Oh! And it is a surprise! I can't wait! Who wouldn't want a pirate themed 39 1/2 party? I know I would! Stay tuned for updates!

My Pirate!

No comments: